Your business is just a few days away from a major marketing opportunity.
The first week of each New Year can be a once-a-year opportunity to get your website seen and your business noticed by lots of potential customers – many more than at other times of the year.
Your potential customers have time on their hands over the Christmas and New Year holiday break: an opportunity that you can use to your advantage.
Everyone is used to being away from the business at the weekend: a couple of days with family and friends with lots to do and think about. But give people a week away from the office spent mainly at home and they get restless.
They begin thinking about their work or their business – and typically about issues or problems they’ve wanted to sort out for a while. They have the time to think about their issues and how to resolve them: they go online to find a solution.
If your business offers a solution to their problem – and of course it does! you want potential customers to find your business when searching online and engaging in their social media activities.
So, knowing there will be more potential customers than usual looking for your business next week, there is one last job to do before 31 December. Be found.
Here are four things you can do:
- Update the website with new content. Help Google see your website as relevant and active.
- Check that relevant keywords are being used across your website content and behind the scenes SEO.
- Write and post a new and interesting blog post that visitors to your website will find interesting and helpful.
- Here’s a top tip. You need your blog post headline that persuades lots of people to open it, social shares, increased traffic and to help your Search Engine Optimisation. If you’d like to write better headlines, try this headline analyser.
- Update your social media platforms. Aim to use video or animated images instead of a static image.
So, make it easy for people looking for a solution, to find you. Be found online and make the most of this once a year opportunity to engage with more potential customers in early January.
Interested in earning more from your business, then here’s an article you’ll find helpful.